Saturday, January 14, 2012

Alien Ship....

First when I started to model the ship,honestly I'd no idea how it'll look like.First I searched for an reference image.Basically i've to say that I got the inspiration from the movie "District 9".So I started dipping.And came up with these images.





Looks difficult to model isn't it...Hell yeah.The ship has thousands of tiny details.I only had about 2 weeks.Anyhow I was able to come up with a reasonable output.{ My opinion :) }...

First I created the model.and it looked like below in 3Ds max.....




Then I did a normal standard material render and a Ambient Occlusion material render and compiled them together,just to check the look.Plus I added some lens flares :).here is the output.



It was pretty impressive for me.Then I started mapping the ship.This was the most difficult part of the process.I used unwrap UVW modifier to seperate the parts and map them individually.Here is the mapped final output.




Here is my all time favorite Ambient Occlusion pass....




After finishing this I sarted motion tracking the footage we'd shot earlier using Boujou 5.0 and I exported the camera data and rendered the scenes separately.The most challenging thing was that the camera we used to shoot didn't give us high quality videos.Tracking Low quality videos is a royal pain.But hey i was able to overcome that...hehe....


                                                                                                                              BRION MARIO (DIM)  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
free counters
Free counters
Hit Counters